Chris Reeve Knives is a production knife manufacturer. As a production company, we design and produce our own knives, as a opposed to a custom knife maker who may work with a client to design and bring his or her knife idea to life. Our knives are produced in a combination of hand and machine work out of our machine shop in Boise, Idaho.
The road between 1984 and today has not always been smooth. For many years, the endeavor was under-funded but with determination, Chris and Anne put all they had into producing the best knives possible, within the resources available. In March 1989, they moved from their native South Africa and settled in Boise, Idaho. That move in itself was a major undertaking but vital for the future of the company.
Chris has always "pushed the envelope". Whether on a motorcycle or behind a belt grinder, he dreamed of being a world champion. He did not win a motorcycle world championship but in many respects, the standing of CRK today represents one. His induction into the Cutlery Hall of Fame in June 2015 could be considered his championship trophy. The single thought in Chris' mind has always been to design every model with deliberation, taking into account how the knife works, its intended purpose and the most appropriate materials. On this foundation, CRK is a vibrant business, has a great staff of well-trained employees, and remains a company with a worldwide reputation for raising the standards bar - "pushing the envelope" - for the industry.
Our knives are guaranteed for life. They are designed for a specific purpose. Should the knife fail after purchase by the original user due to faulty workmanship or materials, such defects will be made good free of cost. The right is reserved to make good such defects by repair or replacement. This guarantee does not cover natural materials, incorrect applications, neglect, or abuse. We will back up the functionality of the product and not necessarily the aesthetics of the knife. This guarantee is void if the knife has been modified in any way outside of our shop. By using your Chris Reeve Knives product, you are agreeing to be bound by the terms of the Chris Reeve Knives (CRK) Warranty as set out below. Do not use your product until you have read the terms of the warranty.
THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT APPLY AND IS NOT LIMITED TO:
We reserve the right to change our product at any time to keep competitive in the market place and/or improve production methods. Retrofit, or upgrades to fit the "latest" model is not possible for the majority of changes. However, the previous iteration often becomes a collectible.
- Consumable parts such as screws, washers, or hardware, unless failure has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship;
- Cosmetic damage including but not limited to scratches, dents, faded anodized parts, or protective coatings that will naturally diminish over time, unless failure has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship;
- Third party damage caused by use with a third party component or product that does not meet the CRK product’s specifications;
- Other damage caused by disassembly, accident, abuse, misuse (e.g. use as screwdriver or pry bar), or other external cause, including damaged caused by excessive and/or aggressive blade flicking (rapid opening and closing of a folding knife);
- Damage caused by service (including "upgrades" and cosmetic treatments) performed by anyone who is not a representative of CRK;
- A CRK product that has been modified to alter functionality, capability, or cosmetic appeal, including but not limited to lock-bar adjustment, non-CRK factory supplied part replacement, anodizing and/or heat anodizing, sandblasting/bead-blasting, polishing, or any other form of resurfacing by a non-CRK employee;
- A CRK product outside of it's original configuration assembled by a non-CRK employee, with parts outside of its factory original configuration, e.g. blade or hardware swapping.
WHAT IF MY ISSUE ISN'T COVERED UNDER WARRANTY?
If you submit a claim to CRK in which repairs fall outside of warranty, CRK will, at its option, repair the CRK Product using new parts at your expense plus the cost of shipping.
Unless the CRK Product is brought back to factory standards, we cannot provide service. Please note that some knives cannot be repaired, in which case, CRK will return the knife and you will pay the return shipping ($17.50/knife US Domestic). Send your knife in for Service